WiFi Internet Problems
DC Computer Repairs provides on-site services
for small businesses and home users in London
Wi-Fi and Broadband Problems
There can be many reasons why your broadband is slow but as our customers know, we will do our best to sort out your Internet problems with as less down time to you as possible.
Listed bellow are some of the most common WiFi and Internet problems that we usually deal with but if you do not see your problem listed there just give us a call.
- My internet connection is so slow
- Wi-Fi signal drops when moving around the house
- Broadband speed drops randomly
- Wi-Fi boosters and powerline adapters problems
- The Wi-Fi on my computer stopped working
- Smart TV set-up - audio and video streaming
- Router shuts down or restarts on its own
- New broadband hub problems
- Samsung, Kindle, iPhone and iPad WiFi connection problems
How we can help
There is nothing more annoying than when all of a sudden websites take
too long to load and to make it worse, right when you were in the middle of something important.
We can replace damaged routers, extend the Wi-Fi coverage in your house or office, improve the broadband speed for streaming services like Netflix and many more.
- Possible ISP, router or network set up problems
- Improve broadband coverage with the right devices for your place
- Possible ISP, router or poor coverage
- Installation and configuration based on your house/office
- Wi-FI card faults and general software issues
- Installation of non Wi-Fi devices for improved speeds
- Signs of a faulty router or firmware errors
- Installation and configuration of new routers
- Fix WI-FI connection problems with tablets and smart phones
Same day onsite computer repairs
Wi-Fi and Internet Problems
Gone are the days when we were making coffee while waiting for a web page to load. Today's broadband allows us to simultaneously run YoTube, Netflix, xBox One games and record our favorite shows with BBC iPlayer, all at the same time.
Still, broadband related problems, slow download speeds and a poor WI-FI reception are part of everyday life for a lot of people.
We can help fix any Internet connection issues that you may have at your place in London and as our existing customers already know, we promise to do our best.
All broadband related problems will be troubleshooted and fixed at your place in London. There are different reasons why a web page can take a long time to start and proper network troubleshooting needs to be done before any other work is carried out.
Please note that ISP problems cannot be fixed from your place but we can certainly help deal with their so called support teams.
WI-FI and Internet problems we can diagnose and repair :
- Damaged modems replacement - for cable connections like Virgin Media router hubs
- Routers - existing or new broadband hub configuration - for phone cable connection -ADSL- BT, PlusNet, Talk Talk, etc
- Internet cables - check for any broken cables and repair damaged CAT 5, CAT 6 cables or RJ45 connectors
- PCI or USB WI-FI antenna adapters - damaged parts or software problems
- Viruses, malware removal and general system clean up and optimization
We will offer you the right kind of solutions and that includes a proper explanation of how your network works.
This are just some of the most common problems that we deal with everyday, but for any problem you may have with your computer just give us a call and we will be happy to help.
Frequent WI-FI signal drops when you are moving around your home or office are very common and affect a lot of places.
WI-FI signal interference can be caused by overcrowded WI-FI channels, poor router performance and the objects that the signal needs to go through like thick walls or metallic objects.
Depending on your existing network configuration and house or office structure we can install and configure devices that will improve the WI-FI signal coverage and broadband speed.
In order to avoid extra costs to you, this will be done after we have a proper understanding about how your network works and what kind of devices you already have.
Many times properly configuring the existing ones makes things work without spending more.
The Internet is an unbelievably useful thing that we have, but at the same time it is a complex feat of technological advancement that can go wrong in a lot of different ways.
Troubleshooting WI-FIi Internet connection problems can prove to be a major headache if you happen to be in a different field and that is why we are here, to help fix this problems quickly and with as less down time to you as possible.
Here is a list of possible reasons why your broadband is not working as it should do:
- ISP problems
- Slow response times
- Modem or router faults
- Faulty PCI or USB WI-FI adapters
- Damaged Ethernet network cards or ports
- General software and virus infections problems
All this problems can be troubleshooted and fixed at your place in London but if you cannot find your problem listed just give us a call.
Nowadays the market is flooded by devices that promise to fix and boost your WI-FI coverage beyond belief. The catch is that this devices are limited in what they can do, especially if not set up properly and, not all of them work in the same way.
This is why it is important to use the right network devices for your place.
WI-FI boosters work but only as long as they can receive the signal properly and powerline adapters work well only if they are installed in the right place and if there is not a lot of interference.
For example, generally the WI-FI runs on lateral technology, so it will transmit signals horizontally hence the reason why there are always Internet problems on the top floor except for floor's thickness and other problems.
We can help configure your existing devices or install new ones in order to ensure that you have broadband access where you need it and the best part is that once everything will be set up and tested we will explain how everything works as well.
Smart TV comes with webOS, which is great for all types of entertainment. There are many options that you can use to set up the TV and improve the audio and video streaming but chief among them is having a proper WiFi Internet connection.
Most people use the WI-FI to connect their Smart TVs and this usually is the main reason why the movies are not playing properly.
Once the WI-FI speed test is done and we understand how much bandwidth your TV is actually getting we can then install dedicated devices that improve the Internet connection to your Smart TV.
This is often caused by the router's firmware or by other general electronic faults.
Because the cost of a new router is not very high nowadays and also because the performance improvements a new, proper router can bring, it is always advisable to have the router replaced.
This kind of problems can be fixed at your home of office if you are in London.
We deal with all Windows laptop and desktop PC brands and models, all Apple MacBook and iMac models, iPhones, iPads and Smart phones.
Here are some of the problems that we can fix:
- Laptop WI-FI and cable connection problems
- Desktop Tower PCs and All in one systems - fix or add WI-FI connectivity
- MacBook and MacBook Pro WI-FI faults
- iMac and Mac Mini WIFI problems
- All iPhone models - both software and hardware connection problems
- All iPad models - both hardware and software issues
- HTC and Samsung SmartPhone models
For any Internet connection problem issue give us a call and we will be happy to help.
The first thing to do with any network device is to turn it off, wait for a minute and then turn it back on.
A network device can be a router or broadband hub, Powerline adapter, WI-FI extender box or even your desktop computer, laptop, MacBook Pro or iMac. It is not necessary to wait in the case of computers.
This will refresh the settings and many times will fix the WI-FI Internet problem.
If the WI-FI has stopped working on your laptop, PC, MacBook or Mac Mini, before anything check to make sure that the WI-FI is enabled and that the ussual list of detected networks still comes up.
Mostly in the case of Windows laptops, the WI-FI might have been turned off by accidentaly touching the on/off switch or function key button.