Laptop hard drive replacement London
DC Computer Repairs provides on-site services
for small businesses and home users in London
Hard drive replacement or upgrade in London
If you are looking for a trusted laptop hard drive repair service, look no further than what we have to offer.
The reason why our customers are happy with our services is because we care about their computer problems and we always try to offer the best service possible.
What do you need repaired?
- Are you having trouble with your hard drive?
- Is your hard drive running low on memory?
- Do you want your laptop to be faster?
- Laptop turns on and restarts after Windows logo?
- Blue screen of death and general software errors
- Which operating system can you install?
- Which hard drive or SSD manufacturers do you use?
- What size will my new hard drive or SSD be?
- Do you think the software on your hard drive is corrupted?
- Was your laptop dropped and now is making clicking noises?
- Have you deleted important data on your hard drive?
- Are you looking for an HP hard drive replacement?
- Are you looking for an ASUS laptop hard drive replacement?
What we can do for you
Most jobs can be completed at your place in London in one and a half hours and we will always keep to the price we agreed
If you have not backed up your data such as work files or emails, we will help you do that.
We can help you with the following service
- Diagnose and prevent problems with your hard drive before it is too late
- Upgrade the laptop internal storage to a new and bigger hard drive
- Upgrade the old HDD with an SSD and your laptop will seem like new
- Faulty hard drive or damaged operating system repair
- Check the hard drive for mechanical faults or fix software issues
- We can install Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and upgrade to Windows 10
- We only use parts from trusted manufacturers that have a strong reputation
- That all depends on your preference and how much storage space you need
- We can remove all viruses and do a general laptop optimization to speed it up
- Retrieve lost data from faulty hard drives
- We can help to restore your data and if necessary do data recovery
- Replace bad hard drives and upgrade to SSD
- Install the operating system and all required software, restore your data, settings and emails
Same day onsite computer repairs
More about hard drive upgrades and replacements
There are many reasons why a laptop can be slow. Viruses and malware infections, outdated operating systems and drivers, bad software, memory ram faults and damaged hard drives are just some of the possible reasons
Whatever your computer problem may be, we can help!
We deal with all common and not so common hardware and software laptop problems. We offer a guarantee on all the hardware replacements that we install and configure.
Your laptop has to perform at its best and this means an appropriate speed that allows you to do what you want, when you want to do it. Aside from adding more memory RAM, the simplest solution for you may be to replace and upgrade the internal hard drive with an SSD.
SSD stands for SOLID STATE DRIVE which is a more advanced technology than that of traditional hard drives, bringing with it obvious speed improvement.
SSDs are being used in laptops, Apple Macs and Desktop PCs more and more these days, so the prices have gone down compared to a few years back, making an upgrade cost effective.
Below are some of the most important improvements that SSD technology brings:
- A total speed up of your computer
- Faster turn on and shut down times
- Faster programs and application launch times
- Saving files or opening large projects take much less time
- Transferring files, like copy or cut is so much faster
But the best improvement of all is that you will feel like you have bought a new computer.
After spending a lot on your computer, you should be able to make the best use of it. You should be able to download films, music and even watch films without any loss of quality or without any storage restrictions.
If your computer does not have the speed or the storage space that you need, do call us and we will to do a quick check on your system to identify how your computer can be upgraded.
What you actually need may be a new hard drive or SSD with more disk space, some memory RAM and a better operating system.
Best of all, we can meet you within London at a time and location to suit you and work on your device with no downtime on your part.
When you own a laptop, a hard drive failure is bound to happen at some point. Telltale signs that your laptop hard drive is having problems include:
- Laptop showing blue screen with white writing very quickly before restarting, also called a BSOD
- • Laptop is slow. freezing, crashing, programs show weird errors or the operating system is not even starting
- The laptop shows messages about the operating system not being found or boot disk failure
- Clicking sounds
All laptop problems can be checked and most repairs or replacements done at your preferred location in London
The first thing we do before we book a job is to have a chat with our customers in order to understand what is the problem, what might have caused it and what we can do to fix it.
We only use hard drives made by manufacturers we trust and who, in our experience for the past years, make reliable parts.
A reliable hard drive manufacturer is Samsung and they are the same company that made the Samsung 850 Pro, the best SSD on the market at the moment
Hard drives can lose data because of logical disk failure, mechanical failure, degradation of media or electrical failure.
See below for a full explanation and how these faults can occur.
This occurs when there is no physical damage done to the hard drive but there is corrupted data.
This can be caused by attacks from viruses, damaged Windows partitions, file allocation table faults, drive formatting errors. In the case of external hard drives, flash drives, memory cards or USB memory sticks, it may happen when they are unplugged without being ejected first from the system.
This can happen when the hard drive has mechanical problems. These are also known as internal hard drive hardware faults and they refer to problems with the hard drive spindle, heads or platters.
Usually the problem is with failing or completely damaged heads and these types of faults are more common with Western Digital, Hitachi and Maxtor hard drives
The main reasons why mechanical faults occur are normal wear and tear, which is especially true for old computers and external hard drives, or when you drop your laptop. This causes the internal parts inside a hard drive to become misaligned or completely damaged.
If the wrong voltage is applied, the components on the PCB board that belong to the power section get damaged. This often happens with external hard drives because it is much easier to use incompatible power adapters.
Yes it can, but only if you are careful not use your computer until you talk to a technician. We can then help you understand what is the nature of the problem, what are the chances of successfully recovering your data and what you should do next in terms of whether it is safe to use the computer or not.
Sometimes it is alright but in the case of logical faults or mechanical failures, the more you use it the less chances you have of recovering your files
Our team can work on your laptop if there are logical disks failures or deal with hardware mechanical repairs and other faults. We use our years of experience and dedicated tools to correct the problems you may have with your computer.
Caution! Do not try to repair problems with your laptop hard drive at home!
Whether you need a Dell or a Toshiba laptop hard drive replacement, we are at your service.
It does not matter if you accidentally dropped your Macbook or laptop or if it came into contact with water. No matter what the problem with your device, we can help you recover lost data.
Here are just a few of the services we also provide
- Have you dropped your Macbook or laptop?
- Have you spilled any liquid on your computer?
- Has your Desktop PC or Apple Mac suddenly become very slow?
- Does your device need a software update?
- • Is your computer taking a long time to start up and shut down?
When you come to us you can expect only the best and this is true for the way we charge as well. Any costs will be fully explained and agreed before booking the job and we will always keep to our agreement.
See what Chris said about our prices and the way in which we charge. Read his review at the bottom of the page.
All machines become faulty and this includes your computer. To avoid problems with lost data when faults arise, you have to ensure that you have a backup.
However, you do not need to worry because that is why we are here. All you need do is request our services and we would provide you with the best data backup solution possible based on your budget.
We can help configure professional backup solutions like Network Attached Drives, set-up a new Time Capsule for your Apple Mac data backup and other data storage methods that keep your data safe.
Do not hesitate to contact us today. Our friendly technicians are ready to respond to your call for help.
The hard drive inside your MacBok Pro or Windows laptop is very sensitive to shocks.
Always take care how you handle your laptop, especially if you carry it around with you and the most important thing to remember is when you to put it down, to do it slowly
This is one of the most common reasons why hard drives fail faster for laptops, notebooks and MacBooks.
And always back up your data. Basic stuff but we all forget to do it sometimes.
So make sure that your external hard drive is not too old or buy a new one that you will only use for data backups.